Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Family

Family is super important to me; both my little growing family, and the family I grew up with. Lately I have been reflecting a lot on my family. I am the 5th out of 9 children--and yes, that is from one set of parents who are still happily married after 35 years. I am constantly awed that although we were raised by the same parents, in the same house, with the same set of morals and rules, we all turned out so different!! We have all achieved a broad range of education, life styles and religion -- not to mention that we are now all scattered across the U.S. and one in Canada. In spite of all our differences, we are a close family and the older we get, the better our relationships are becoming. Some of my siblings and I talk on an almost daily basis, some a little less than that and still others not nearly often enough. Yet, when I need them they are always there to lend a shoulder, offer advice or extend a helping hand.

One of the things I love most about our family is that we know how to laugh. Maybe even too much at times (is that even possible?!!) The last time we all got together we had family pictures taken and more often than not the picture was “ruined” because instead of smiling nicely, we were all bright red and laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. And while it makes for a great memory, it didn’t make for the best pictures. We have more inside jokes than should be allowed and it doesn’t matter if there are just two of us together or all of us, those jokes are sure to be shared and endlessly laughed about.

Something else I love about families is that in my religion, The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka Mormons), we believe that families are forever! I love the thought and the reassurance that it gives. Even if something happens in this life to shorten our time together we can still be a family forever! It brings me joy and it also challenges me to have a better relationship with my family because for better or worse they will be there when everything else is gone.



My family is such a strengthening force in my life. If you love your family as much as I love mine, you will LOVE the new design I am working on!

Look for it to debut later on this month!

No comments :