Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Halloween Apothecary Jars

Yay for Tutorial Tuesday! Today's tutorial I got from The Idea Room The first time I saw this post I knew I had to make some of these. I went to Deseret Industries a couple of weeks ago and found some awesome random jars. I've also been saving jars that I've emptied all in preparation for today! I started off by printing jar labels that were made by Johnny Love from here After deciding which ones I wanted to use I started distressing them. I did something different to every label but they all had at least one of these: crumpling, dunking in water, burning, and/or ripping. Once I had all the labels ready I started to fill the jars. I didn't have everything I needed (as you will see by my empty jars) but all the work is done and I think it turned great. It was really fun to do and I recommend it to EVERYONE. It's even something your kids can help you with! Check it out!












1 comment :

lauralquinton said...

AWESOME. I love that you distressed them. And I love your dark glasses on either end and I really love that tall one with the glass stopper. I have no idea where you found that (di) but that one is awesome. pick me up one if you find one like that again!! LOL. Your jars are way better than mine!!